Here is a quick little update of what’s been going on around the homestead in the last month or so…
- Made applesauce, apple butter, apple chips, & apple scones. Apple tea is still on the “to do” list.
- Pumpkin puree & pumpkin butter
- Honey spiced cake – (orange, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, coffee, & vanilla)
- Autumn Spiced Cajeta (cajeta with cinnamon, cloves, allspice, & vanilla)
- Honey toasted goat cheese ( cinnamon, cardamom, & goat cheese)
- Barn & coop cleaning and straw restocking before the winter weather hits hard
- Getting our new buck, Kosher, adjusted to life on the homestead. The girls took to him immediately and he snuck out of his pen the first week on the farm. We’re hoping to see some goat kids in the next few months!
- Starting to transition from the summer go-go-go around the farm to more of the “hunker down, drink lots of tea & fire cider, do indoor projects and go to bed early” that winter tends to brings.
- Ordered some new oils from Eden’s Garden for the upcoming holiday season. So far, my favs are Cinnamon Leaf, Nutmeg, & Sweet Orange – smells like Christmas and was super affordable.
- Started reading the C.S. Lewis sci-fi series (again) – so good. Also, you should shop here for cheap books. Seriously – so much cheaper than Amazon.
- Had several custom orders on my Etsy shop & several orders of udder wipes that sold this past month, which I think is kind of hilarious. But I obviously love it because IT’S UDDER WIPES.
We’re looking forward to what some are calling an”el nino” winter. Which for Colorado could mean feet of snow, gallons of hot tea, and truckloads of wood pellets for the stove. We have family coming for the holidays and we intend to be fully present this year (as opposed to last year).
Projects on the to-do list this winter: knit socks, knit mittens, sew a dress (or quilt), crochet a blanket with this pattern, develop a fodder feed system for the animals, build a magical book shelf (think Belle from Beauty and the Beast) complete with 12 ft aspen ladder for our ever growing book collection… I’m sure there is more, but I’ll stop there before I get completely overwhelmed.
Quote of the month:
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts & be thankful.
Thanks for following our journey!